Baker Motors (“We”, “Us”, “Our”) and Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd (“MBAuP”) equally, respects your personal information and share your concerns regarding data protection. Both, We and MBAuP aim at all times to comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) as amended from time to time.
MBAuP is part of the Daimler Group and as such, it also complies with the Daimler policy on data protection for data of customers and partners.
This Privacy Statement relates to personal information which We and/or MBAuP collect, hold, transfer, use and delete/destroy about our customers, visitors to our websites, service providers, apps, social media and other digital services, event attendees and members of the public. We and/or MBAuP collect, hold and use your personal information to provide you with information which relates to our products and services relevant to your interests.
Our personnel and job applicants can contact our human resource team for details about the privacy of their personal information.
• We and/or MBAuP collect personal information on this website and in other manners, for purposes that are made clear at the time which the information is collected, being the primary purpose. An example of this is when you request product information, purchase a vehicle or enter a competition.
• Should We and/or MBAuP wish to use your information for a secondary purpose, your consent will be sought prior to that occurring.
• We and/or MBAuP do not collect, hold or use any personal information unless the information is considered necessary for the effective functioning or activities of our business.
• We and/or MBAuP only hold and use personal information for the purposes for which it was originally collected, unless required or authorised by or under law or if the individual concerned has consented to the intended use.
• We and MBAuP destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed.
• We and MBAuP do not collect, hold and/or process any personal or sensitive information against the expressed wishes of an individual, unless MBAuP is required by law to do so.
• When entering into transactions with Us and/or MBAuP, you have the right to remain anonymous unless such anonymity would be considered unlawful or impracticable.
• We and MBAuP may disclose your personal information to other organisations (including related entities) that provide us with various services such as (but not limited to) contractors, agents, printers, mail houses, lawyers, document custodians, scrutineers, business analysts, I.T service providers, marketing companies and event organisers.
• Where We and/or MBAuP arrange for work to be undertaken on our behalf, that work is undertaken under conditions of confidentiality and may result in your personal information being transferred, accessed and/or stored in various countries for the purpose of service delivery to Us and/or MBAuP, and in turn to you.
• As MBAuP is part of the Daimler Group, your personal information may be transferred, accessed and/or stored in various countries within Asia, Africa, Europe and other parts of Australasia in the ordinarily course of MBAuP’s business and the business of our service providers.
• We and MBAuP go to great lengths to ensure that any personal information collected, is kept safe from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
• We and MBAuP may use information relating to your visit to our website, or information you provide to us for market research purposes in order to continually improve the product and services that We and/or MBAuP deliver to you.
• Whilst, We and MBAuP do not sell personal information provided by you to any other organisation, We and MBAuP may form relationships with other organisations from time to time with the specific purpose of presenting you with special offers or competitions relevant to your preferences.
• We and MBAuP takes great steps to only deal with third parties that can demonstrate the same level of commitment to your privacy as MBAuP does and which have agreed to comply with Australian privacy laws.
• If at any stage you no longer wish to receive communications from Us and/or MBAuP, please let us know.
• We and MBAuP provide information and services through a range of digital and online services including websites, apps, email, online advertisements and social media profiles. These services may be operated by Us, MBAuP, other Daimler group companies or third party service providers to provide a consistent experience, personalise your use of each of those services and provide targeted marketing.
• Our’s and/or MBAuP’s systems record a variety of information in relation to interactions with our online services. This can include information about software versions used, device identifiers (like IP address), location data (where available and not disabled by the user), dates, times, file metadata, referring website, data entered and user activity such as links clicked.
• Some information which We and/or MBAuP or a third party acting on our behalf may collect is not related to an individual. In many cases the information only relates to a device or is of an aggregated or statistical nature, and we will have no way of knowing the identity of the user. In other cases We and/or MBAuP may associate information about your use our digital services over time with your personal information, e.g. where on any occasion you have logged in, followed a link sent to you by email or we have otherwise been able to identify you.
Please refer to our Cookies section on our website for further information.
• We and MBAuP are constantly developing and enhancing our use of online technologies, and make reasonable efforts to ensure we keep this Privacy Statement and related documents up to date in this regard.
At all times, We and/or MBAuP strives to ensure your personal information is treated confidentially and in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). If you believe your personal information has been handled in a way that does not comply with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), or if you wish to access or correct information that MBAuP holds about you, please contact us in writing and provide as much information as possible to assist us in providing you with a prompt response.
All such enquiries should be directed to:
Customer Assistance Centre
Mercedes-Benz Australia/Pacific Pty Ltd
44 Lexia Place
By phone: 1300 300 896
By email: email@example.com
For information about privacy generally, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au and on 1300 363 992.
Last updated: June 2014